Saturday, April 24, 2010

March of Dimes 2010


Woke up at 5:15am this morning and drove downtown - yawn. The rain was not to bad on the way down there - I don't think I needed to turn my lights on though due to the ridiculous amounts of lightning. Gave the parking garage lady my "vendor pass" and parked the car. Took the elevator up to the top level and stood there for a while watching everyone run around like fools getting wet. Then I made the horrible decision of walking before I looked - 8" of water soiled my shoes and socks, you fool! At least I thought ahead this morning and brought an extra pair of shoes, socks, and shorts to change into after!

March of Dimes 2010 - really already?! It does not seem like a full year since the last time I covered this event, nor does the weather feel the same. High 50s and rain. Luckily it was not that heavy from 8:00-9:30 and by then I had what I needed and was able to head home. I got some decent shots for the time of day and weather. I had three main goals - Starting line front shot, starting/finish rear shot, and random kids pictures before the event. I think I covered that decently! Hopefully one of the shots will be used in an upcoming AJC along with some March of Dimes print material.

Fun times again this year even though it was wet. Glad to see so many people show up even in the rain for a good cause!

The kid above stopped me and ask if I would please take his picture, sure! I love his fake/excited smile haha! Behind him is Harry Douglas, the Atlanta Falcons wide receiver. He attended the event last year as well and is a pretty nice guy.

-Matt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redefinedm3/sets/72157623922659592/

No comments:

Post a Comment