Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tinker Time


No matter what I do I have to tinker! I picked up a Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec back in January and have been working on it for the past few months. A full build thread / post / blog will be up once the pistol is finished. I love working on this thing, it has been a great learning experience but I already am looking forward to my next build. Looks like if I'm not building a car I might be building a gun! Just working on more blending and dehorning today. Only a few parts left to fit and the rest of the work will be focused on making it look 'purdy'.

Hopefully once every few months I'll be able to take some training courses, everything from basic pistol to tactical carbine classes - bring it on! The AR is pretty fun to but the parts just drop in on that one, no custom fitting is needed. I can't wait to hit up a class with that one, kinda boring to just plink around at the range now days.

If your a gun person - or just someone that likes to make sure we get our rights as U.S. citizens - make sure and keep up with the SB308 bill. The hearing for it was today. SB 308 - Firearms; carrying and possession; change provisions; definitions. This is the bill that will clear up what "carrying in a public gathering" means.

The gym has also been kickin my tail! Kind of hard to type this after doing a lot of upper body today but you know what they say 'No pain no gain!' Up lots of muscle and down 20lb since November.

That's it for today hopefully I make it through the rest of the day with all this pollen! Someone send a few hours of rain our way...please!

**One of these days I'll do what I REALLY want and order a light setup. Or at least some CyberSync goodies to mess around with my 430ex ii! **

-Matt


1 comment: